Will I be considered for ALL scholarships if I don’t complete the financial form?
- NO! You must complete the financial form to be considered for ALL scholarships. Checking I prefer not to answer is considered completing the financial form.
- And remember your financial information is only seen by one person and is then destroyed for privacy reasons.
My combined family income is more than $200,000. Will I qualify for need based scholarships?
- Because every family’s circumstances are different it is entirely possible that a family with combined income of $200,000 or more may qualify for a needs based scholarship, especially if there are multiple children attending college.
Many scholarships indicate “to be elaborated on in an essay”. Do I need to submit an essay for each scholarship I would like to be considered for?
- A separate essay is not required for each scholarship. The Committee has created a broad essay prompt that will allow you to comment on the various requirements of multiple scholarships in one essay.
For the Type III Scholarships that require a Department Chair recommendation do I need to get the recommendation from the Department Chair?
- No. The Department Chairs’ are aware of the scholarships to be awarded and the Department Chairs make the recommendation to the Committee as to who should be awarded the Scholarship.
I lost my application. How do I get another application?
- You may obtain another application in one of two ways:
- Print an application from our website http://wilbraham-hampdenscholarshipfoundation.org/scholarships/application/
- Obtain an application from the MRHS Guidance Office.
May I handwrite my application?
- Handwritten applications are accepted. However, typed applications are much easier for the scholarship committee to review. Please remember to spell check your application.
Are late applications accepted?
- Only applications postmarked by the due date of March 8, 2018 will be considered.
Can completed applications be dropped off at Minnechaug Regional High School?
- No. To ensure applications are timely submitted, completed applications should be mailed to the Minnechaug Scholarship Foundation at:
Wilbraham-Hampden Scholarship Foundation
P.O. Box 441
Wilbraham MA 01095
Please remember to have your application weighed so that you affix the proper postage to your application.
How do I know if my application is complete?
- Please use the checklist provided with the application to ensure you are submitting all the required materials before sealing your application envelope and submitting to the Committee.
If I have a question while I’m completing my scholarship application who can I ask?
- Please send an e-mail with your question to info@Wilbraham-HampdenScholarshipFoundation.org and someone will respond to you.
When are the Foundation’s Scholarships awarded?
The scholarships are awarded at the Senior Evening of Recognition generally held in mid-May. Recipients will be invited to attend the evening of recognition but the actual scholarship(s) awarded is only announced at the evening of recognition.