Type III Scholarships
The Foundation administers funds for the scholarships listed below. Minnechaug Regional High School Faculty members recommend recipients according to the listed criteria.
THE PAMELA S. ACCARDI MEMORIAL TENNIS SCHOLARSHIP ($1000)
- Senior boy or girl
- Accepted to a two or four-year college
- Enthusiastic Varsity Tennis Team Member
- Financial needs is a consideration
DR. RICHARD A. BROWN SCHOLARSHIP ($1000)
- Selection is determined by a committee of the applicant’s Science teachers and the Science Department Chair
- Maintained a high grade point average in science in grades 9-12, preference given to honors courses and number
of science courses taken
- Exhibits high degree of conscientiousness; responsibility and persistence; pride in his/her work; a love and curiosity
for learning; seriousness of purpose, dedication and critical thinking; and problem solving skills
- Interested in the pursuit of a science education, as shown by high school science work and activities and
documented college plans.
- Financial need is a consideration
NED DOYLE “GO FALCONS” SCHOLARSHIP ($500)
- Presented annually to the senior boy or girl athlete who most embodies the true Falcon spirit of excellence, as demonstrated by their leadership, character, integrity, and sportsmanship. The recipient must be a valued contributor to student life, both in and out of the classroom.
- Selection is determined by the Athletic Director, in conjunction with the MRHS Mini-Mac.